“I kind of hear Mr. Huntington talking to me and all of the people that preceded me. Every generation, in some way, has stepped up in order to make The Huntington even better. This is my turn. I invite you to help too.”
-Stewart R. Smith, Chair, Board of Trustees
Your support makes so much possible! Each year:
- More than 630,000 visitors enjoy the gardens, art galleries, and library exhibition hall
- 25,000+ students take part in educational programs and school tours
- 1,700+ scholars use collections to advance the study of history, literature, art, and science
- 1,200+ volunteers contribute 53,000+ hours of service
- 190+ Research Fellowships are awarded to scholars from 100+ institutions, making the fellowship program among the largest in the nation
YOUR DONATIONS AT WORK:
Your donation provides critical and comprehensive support for the mission of The Huntington. As a donor, you will be part of an extraordinary effort led by an outstanding institution to provide a one-of-a-kind experience for students, scholars, and the general public.
General donations support:
Access for 25,000 students annually, the majority from low-income Title I schools. Teacher training that utilizes our world-class primary source collections.
The most heavily used research library outside of the Library of Congress, providing access to the highest caliber collection for more than 1,700 scholars annually, including Pulitzer Prize-winners and other acclaimed scholars. One of the nation's most important centers for study of the American West.
PRESERVING OUR PAST
Care and maintenance of seven million manuscripts, 420,000 rare books,1.3 million photographs, and 15,000 rare plants.
An internationally competitive fellowship program, which annually awards more than $1.7 million to 190+ scholars. During their residence, scholars participate in and enrich the intellectual life of The Huntington.
Educational programs for all ages, including free tours led by over 500 volunteer docents, plus a monthly Free Day that attracts 40,000 each year, many whom might not otherwise be able to visit.
Contact us directly by email or call 626.405.2290.
Federal Tax ID #95-1644589
"The Huntington is a place where nature, science, art, and humanities are always ready to inspire and make a difference. I encourage you to take part and support this world-class dynamic place."
- Randy A. Shulman, Vice President for Advancement