Why Students Should Join The Fairchild Challenge
Reasons for participating
1. Demonstrate your concern for the environment. 2. Unleash your creativity while urging people to stand up and take notice.
3. Help your school win money to support environmental activities on your campus.
4. Add something unique to your resume and college applications.
How to participate
1. Choose your message and your medium. Select from project challenges below.
2. Check out samples and ideas from other Challenge students around the country.
3. Contact your favorite teacher and ask him or her to sponsor your participation.
4. UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVITY!
|#1||Editorial Cartoon||Make your statement by creating a funny, moving or thought-provoking editorial cartoon. MORE INFO >|
|#2 ||Play With Your Food||With health and nutrition in mind, redesign a typical student lunch to be both delicious and good for you. MORE INFO >|
|#3 ||Beautiful Science||Display your creativity by creating a mini canvas inspired by the beauty of botanical science. MORE INFO >|
|#4a ||Recognizing the Commons:|
A Guided Tour
|Spend time recognizing and learning to appreciate the common spaces in your community by creating a guided tour for others to enjoy. MORE INFO >|
|#4b ||Advocating for the Commons: |
A Public Service Announcement
|Advocate for the public spaces in your community by understanding their past and encouraging others to care for them in the present and future. MORE INFO > |
|#5a ||Superheroes of Science||Create a fact-based comic or short graphic novel about the contributions of an influential scientist. MORE INFO >|
|#5b||Short Story||Show the power of your prose by crafting a punchy (but compact!) environmentally-themed short story. MORE INFO > |
|#6||School Garden Design|| Establish, update, expand, replace, maintain, and/or restore a garden space, complete with on-site interpretation. MORE INFO >|