Sketch some fruit!
Time to make your own fruit drawing!
- A piece of fruit or a photograph of a fruit
- Art materials (crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint, etc.)
1. Choose a fruit to do a close-looking drawing. It could be a fruit you have never tasted or seen before or a fruit that you love.
2. Spend at least five minutes just looking at this fruit. Look at it from all sides and angles. If you have the physical fruit, try and notice the textures and how it feels.
3. Now, draw your fruit. Think about colors, shading, texture, and scale.
1. Try describing your fruit to someone without telling them the name of the fruit. Were they able to guess your fruit based on your verbal description?
2. Do you think closely looking at and drawing the fruit helped you explain how it looks? Why or why not?
3. What fruit did you choose? Why?