Write a letter
Now itʼs time to write a letter.
- A writing utensil (pen, pencil, marker, etc.)
- Pick one of the men in the photograph.
- Think about what you would like to learn from this individual. What questions could you ask him? What would you tell him about life today?
- Then write a letter to the man you chose.
- How did you decide which of the pallbearers to write a letter to? Was it difficult to choose?
- Why do you think the names of these individuals were lost for so many years?
- Research other important political figures who have died. Who were the pallbearers for their funerals? Were the names of the individuals documented, or was a photograph taken, such as this one?
Share your art! #LearnAtTheH