Create your own citrus label!
Time to design your own citrus label!
- A piece of paper
- Art materials (crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint, etc.)
1. Decide which citrus fruit to picture on your label. What is your favorite? Lemons? Limes? Grapefruit? Once you decide, it is time to design your label.
2. Use your art materials to design your a label for your own citrus company. Henry Huntington chose to have a toucan on his label. What will you choose to show? Your fruit? Yourself? An animal? Or will it be an abstract design? It is up to you! You could even include real pieces of the fruit on your label.
3. Be sure to give your citrus brand a name!
1. How is your label similar to the one in the video? How is it different?
2. Citrus labels were meant to identify different citrus growers. What does your label say about you?
3. How did you decide on the name of your citrus brand?