Now itʼs time to make your own story map.
- Art-making materials (markers, colored pencils, paint, watercolor, etc.)
- The title of Sandy Rodriguezʼs map starts with the phrase “you are here.” Where are you in your life? Think about your past, present, and future self. What would be important to document about your life?What is important to your story?
- Using your art-making materials, design a map that reflects where you are. You can include and label places, objects, flora, and fauna that help tell your story.
- How did you decide what to include in your map? Were there things you thought about featuring but decided to not include? How did you make your decisions?
- Did your choice of art-making materials affect the way you designed your map? If so, how?
- Does your map tell one story about your life or multiple little stories that weave together?
Share your art! #LearnAtTheH