The Huntington is a world-class cultural destination, as well as an important research and educational institution, in large part because of the dedicated people who bring their exceptional talent and expertise to work every day. Our staff makes it a wonderful place to work and a magnificent treasure for all who visit.
If you love plants, art, or books; are a research enthusiast or a lifelong learner; or just love working with people, The Huntington might have the career you’re looking for!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here we are committed to the highest of standards in all that we do—from preserving and protecting the collections to exhibitions, educational and scholarly programming, visitor and reader services, and beyond. Achieving excellence across these pursuits requires a diversity of perspectives, expertise, experience, and methodologies.
Henry E. and Arabella Huntington created this institution more than 100 years ago to “promote the public welfare.” The Huntington’s DEI strategic plan is fully focused on the intent of the founders and our commitment to be a welcoming place of engagement and reflection for a global community. Our staff, scholars, and volunteers embrace and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, traditions, and experiences among the audiences we serve in Los Angeles and beyond.
To that end, The Huntington considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employees have a variety of opportunities to enjoy The Huntington’s beautiful and educational environment, including walking in the gardens and galleries during breaks, interacting with colleagues in the coffee shop or cafe, attending annual staff events, and previewing new exhibitions. Employees also enjoy discounts in the Huntington Store, 1919 Cafe, and Red Car coffee shop.
Part-time employees with a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Holiday pay
- TIAA retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Access to Caltech Credit Union and recreation facilities
Full-time employees with a regular schedule of at least 30 hours per week may participate in:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Basic and supplemental life and AD&D insurance plan
- Long-term disability plan
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Health Savings Account
The Huntington requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and proof of vaccination must be submitted prior to beginning employment. In accordance with the law, The Huntington will accommodate employees who cannot be administered the COVID-19 vaccine due to their sincerely held religious belief, disability, or medical condition.
How to Apply
- Create an account - To be considered for employment, you must create an account and submit an employment application online. If you require assistance or special accomodation to complete an online application, please contact our human resources department at 626-544-0533.
- Apply for a position - Once you have created an account, you may apply for as many positions as you wish. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to phone messages regarding application status. You will be notified ONLY if you are selected for an interview.