What is botanical art?
Make your own artwork!
- A plant
- Paper, art board, or canvas
- Art supplies of your choice (example: colored pencils, watercolor, markers, etc.)
1. Choose a plant that you think will be interesting to draw
2. Look closely at your plant
3. Make choices:
- Which colors will you use?
- From what angle will you draw your plant?
- How will you create the textures you see?
- Which media (art supplies) will you use?
4. Create your artwork!
- In what ways does your artwork look like the plant? In what ways does it look different?
- What do you hope viewers notice about your artwork? Try creating a label to share your thoughts!
- Which is your favorite piece of botanical art in the video? Why?