Meet a Gardener: Winter Vegetable Gardening
Grow your own winter vegetables with quick tips and practical gardening techniques from Thomas Smith, manager of the Experiential and Teaching Gardens at The Huntington.
Stop by the Barth Family Entry Grove, near the main entrance, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for short talks about:
- The best vegetables and flowers to grow in the winter
- Which plants to start by seed, which plants to start by plug, and the differences between them
- DIY and biodegradable seed starting options
- How to start seeds, including seed size, planting depth, and spacing
- Plant care, including why and how to thin your seedlings