Frequently Asked Questions
- After registering for a program, what is the next step?
You will receive an automatic email confirming your reservation. You must read, sign, and return the waiver included in this email. Within 3-6 weeks of your visit, you will receive an email with pre-visit information and will be asked to confirm the information provided during registration.
- How do I prepare my students for their learning experience?
- Review the Field Trip Guide you received in your email.
- Watch the pre-visit video and the “Close Looking at The H” videos.
- For garden-focused activity suggestions for before and during the visit, please email email@example.com.
- For interdisciplinary learning resources for use in the classroom, visit our Learning Resources page.
- When should my group arrive?
You must arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time to allow time for parking, check-in, greetings, and instructions.
- What is my role and the chaperones’ during the program?
You must be present and bring at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students attending the program. The adults’ role is to keep students safe during the visit and ensure respectful behavior towards Huntington staff and the collections.
- Can my group bring lunch?
Yes. You are welcome to bring lunch and eat it in our public picnic area near the bus drop-off zone. Our staff will direct groups to the picnic area upon arrival. You must store lunches and backpacks in the bus or picnic area until the tour concludes (backpacks are not allowed in the galleries).
Please note that picnicking or bringing outside food or beverages (except water) onto the grounds is not permitted.
- Does The Huntington take checks?
If you cannot pay by credit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a school program.
- What is The Huntington’s policy about wearing masks during visits?
Following the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health guidance, mask-wearing is optional for everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
How does bus reimbursement work?
Bus reimbursement is available to all groups, regardless of visit type. You will receive a bus reimbursement form within two weeks of your visit if you indicated interest during registration. Reimbursement is available up to $500 per bus.
How are groups larger than 80 people accommodated?
If you want to register groups larger than 80 to visit on one day, you should make two separate reservations for your group. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do School Programs take place rain or shine?
Yes. All School Programs take place rain or shine.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org